Thank you so much for for all!
We had another wonderful hosting this Spring!
March 14 – March 26
Showa University Medical School (http://www.showa-u.ac.jp/en/)
About 18 medical school students from Showa University will be
participating in Spring homestay program at Portland State University in upcoming week. Students will be taking special medical seminars, medical facility and hospital visits, as well as the American culture and English language program.
In Partnership with
Our programs are simple and easy!
- All students take public transportation between PSU and your house.
- They are in school all day! We just ask that you spend time with them as a member of your family in the evening and on weekends as you normally eat dinner, talk, and watch TV, etc.
You do not need to do anything special for them. The program takes them out to several famous sightseeing spots and so on. Of course, if there is something special you’d like to share with them, you are very welcome to do so.
Great experience: Being a host family for a short time in the summer is like a taking a trip to a foreign country without even leaving the house!
- You can have a great international experience this summer without the expense of taking a trip!
- Hosting an international student for part of your summer is a wonderful and unique experience for your whole family.
Your Teen Will Have the Opportunity to be a Part of the Summer Programs:
- If you have teen-aged children or grandchildren, they can participate in the fun of this cross-cultural program and have educational experiences, too.
- If you don’t have children of your own, you are welcome to suggest any teen of your choice for the program, and they may be chosen to participate.
Our Commitment to You:
- We are very selective about the quality of our students and school programs.
- We work with PSU to maintain the quality of students we send to your home.
- Our goal is to provide rewarding international cultural experiences for both host families and students.
We will always be there to help you through any misunderstandings or communication issues that may arise during your student’s stay. Please call our office at (503) 889-8815 for help at any time during your homestay program.
This year, your friendship, kindness and generosity can make a difference in the world!
Please help to change the world for a better place, one person, one family at a time.
Email: Contact Form
Phone: (503) 889-8815